We're very proud of MediaCom UK CEO Karen Blackett who has today been named number one in the UK Powerlist 2015.
MediaCom UK CEO Karen Blackett is the first business woman to top the Powerlist 100, which champions the most influential black people in Britain today.
It’s been a pretty incredible year for Karen. In June this year she received an OBE in the Queen’s Honours list for services to the media industry and today she is top of an inspiring list of people which celebrates the most influential people of African and African-Caribbean heritage in Britain today.
She is ahead of Oscar-winning director Steve McQueen, Google’s Adrian Joseph, MPs Chuka Umunna and Helen Grant, and Mercedes’ Formula One racing driver Lewis Hamilton.
Karen was featured in the Telegraph this morning where she described how she has grown in her career and has written her own thoughts in this morning’s Guardian about how role models can help business reflect the reality of social diversity.
Powerlist 2015 Top 10
1. Karen Blackett CEO, MediaCom, UK
2. Ken Olisa Chairman, Restoration Partners; Non-Executive Chairman, Outsourcery Plc
3. Chuka Umunna Shadow Business Secretary; Helen Grant Minister for Sport and Tourism
4. Sandie Okoro Global General Council, HSBC Global Asset Management
5. Steve McQueen Artist/Director
Steve McQueen is the director of 12 Years A Slave
6. Matthew Ryder QC Barrister
7. Sharon White Second Permanent Secretary of the Treasury
8. (Joint) Lenny Henry Comedian, actor, writer; & Idris Elba actor, producer
9. Adrian Joseph Director, search advertising Northern & Central Europe, Google
10. Lewis Hamilton Formula 1 driver, Mercedes